21st century junk

Battle of the Nations preparations are going full steam ahead- I have weapons and new armour humming along.  I'm working on a new body harness to ensure my spine isn't mangled, and Clalibus is working on a team jupon.  Brian du Val made me a pair of shields.  I'm running a lot, fighting a lot, and going to martial arts classes at my gym.  Really, it's all too much to put into the little blurb I have time to post this morning.  What I really want to talk about is this article.

It touches on something I've been trying to do for years now- just eliminating modern stuff from my camp.  I try not to bring it, or touch it.  Plastic in a medieval context sort of makes me itch.  At Gulf War I quietly avoided ever sitting on anything but a wooden chair or the ground.  I made a little medieval bubble around myself for as much time as I could.  There were concessions like showering, tooth paste and deodorant.  I don't want to smell like a surf.  Simply eliminating modern things where it's possible (and it's almost always possible) has improved my surroundings.  Give it some thought, and you might be able to do it to.

Comments

IG-88r said…
Good post!

Btw, good luck on the Battle of the Nations!

Popular Posts