A little progress

Last night I rearranged the stumps in the shop to form a circle. It's nice because it takes up less room, and more of my tools can be used simultaneously. I have a separate stump for almost everything now. I am looking for a way to make the stumps more level. I did a bunch of sanding and grinding which made one of them a bit better, but there's still room for improvement.
I also dished out and planished one of the spaulders from last week, and did a little pounding on the left greave. So far the tapering and flaring approach is working. Anealing the right grave was a good call, and the little issues I was having with it were easy to fix afterwards. It looks pretty good now, though there's some more shaping to do.
I've got to remember to take some pictures in the shop tonight.


Popular Posts