Big Burgundian Beauty Project

So I'm starting to make a bit of progress on my next big project: to completely replace my entire kit to match the Burgundian statue of St. George (pictured to the right). I'm gathering images to guide the project and printing out high res copies. I've started a binder of the pictures.

I'm starting from the ground up with sabatons. I still haven't yet finished my first pair of sabatons based on the Chartres ones (using a pattern by Talbot). The first one is done, and I'm pretty happy with it, but I'm having some unexepcted articulation issues with the second. I really should just finish it up and move on. Max made a comment on them being too peaked which took a lot of the wind out of my sails. I can be a sensitive little bitch sometimes.

I'm going to iron out the patterns in some of the remaining 4130. I'm thinking now that I'll do the whole design, pound out the bits, heat treat them, then sell them rough. There's just so much work involved in the finishing and polishing steps. Maybe Aedinius would be willing to do it for a cut of the sale. So then I'll do the final version in 410.

Comments

Popular Posts