Shaping the back of the first greave

Since I'm having to fit them I spent some time reacquainting myself with my legs. There are some contours which you don't really appreciate unless you really look at them.











Flat steel cut from the patterns I made:

The back of the first greave after a couple hours of hammering placed with the sabaton it will go with:

The before picture of a couple of balls Max asked me to toss in my forge. He braised them on, but it's hard to know how well the brass really flowed unless it gets more uniformly hot.


I went over to Max's shop yesterday and he loaned me a bracelet mandrel and a nice stake which has already been useful in the greave forming. He also gave me some oxy-acetyline gas regulators. They need rebuilding, but they're essentially free.

Comments

Popular Posts