New tool

My middle finger is still swolen and painful from the angle grinder flinging a lame into it. The outside is pretty much all healed over, and I'm concerned there's some internal damage to it. To help move away from dangerous tools I picked up a 4X36 belt sander over the weekend. I just bid on some fine grit sanding belts on ebay to go with it. Man, I need to make more than I buy for a change.
The liquid nails in Ty's shield eventually set, and it looks like he might be able to use it. I put some aluminum channel edging on my new kite. I notched the channel to make it easier, then shortly after ready Geoffrey Scott's admonition to not do that. We'll see what happens. I'm not sure how feasible the curve of a kite is without notching.

In other news, it looks like I'm now the principle of the music guild. I ended up playing solo for much of the dance guild's practice. It was kind of fun and nerve wracking. I really have to get some gouged bassoon cane and some staples so I can fulfil my reed making goal for the year. It would be great to be able to put together a reed consort.

Comments

Popular Posts